Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You know accidents happen

On the way back we detoured from I-68 to I-70 to US30. Accidents! Took us 2 hours longer but hey we saw country that we will never get to see again, I hope. US30 is an old mountain highway, two lane. I remembered about an hour in to the mountains that that kind of driving and my mother don't mix. She threatened never to go to Virginia with me again because of that road, as if I planned it. She's sitting on the edge of her seat, reading all of the signs for trucks and wanting me to gear down, because 45 is too fast. For that matter, so was 30. Then she says that if the brakes burn up WE can call KENNY. Right?So instead of getting into Ohio at 9 as planned, it was closer to 11 and then the overhead lights wouldn't go off in the car and she's punching every button that the dash has to offer. We pulled into a Red Roof and they charged too much. The days of $18 a night are over. Right? Right! We stayed anyway. My treat! Check out is 12 noon. We left at 11:50 am.

No comments: