Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Soup's on

Seriously!!! It's potato!! Now let me tell you how!

A 3x3 piece of ham. I bought all that ham when Nanny was here. Remember?
4 potatoes, too small for bakers
Wash them! Matt wanted to really wash them, think machine,but just scrub and peel off the ugly.
Cut up and boil in water until tender along with the ham.
Meanwhile cut up half a white onion and add that to water.
Boil as long as you want but 10 minutes max.
Now add Coffemate. Yes that's right. It's the powder kind and the whole idea is to make it creamy. Remember Dad/Pappy couldn't have milk. Any way I bought all that creamer stuff. So let's use it up. And, yes, I am aware that Coffeemate has milk in it. But Dad wasn't allergic;and Mom didn't use that much as evident by what's left.

Pepper it. Really pepper it. Add a bay leaf if you have any.
When it is nice and bubbly turn off heat and add half a package of chopped, frozen spinach.

It's good! Excuse me, I think I'll go add those candied carrots from the restaurant.

No comments: