Saturday, April 5, 2008

Who darns pantyhose anymore?

Guess the weather is too nice to stay in and here I sit writing to you. I guess as things stand now we are going to leave Tuesday morning for Virginia. Hopefully the weather will be this nice then. Mom is almost packed. Me? I haven't even started. Probably tomorrow afternoon. Notice that I said probably. As mam-maw would have said I feel like I been drug through a knot hole backwards. As a kid I never understood that, but now I think I'm just starting to get it. She had a lot of those sayings. Mom got a permanent this morning. I took her. Fog as thick as pea soup. I have no idea where that saying came from. Anyway took her to GW before I took her home. She found a suit that I carried around for 45 minutes before she decided that it wasn't needed. She did find a pair of new pantyhose in the original package for .99, so she did get something. You know that she darns her pantyhose. Hold over from the war, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who cares if she darns her pantyhose, hey she is wearing them and that is fashion! Yet I hate pantyhose myself, the cheap drugstore ones, so now I spoil myself with the European brands which not only look great but feel wonderful on for a change. The men always take notice of my legs in shiny pantyhose and tons of compliments. Oh, I never have darned pantyhose myself.