Wednesday, June 25, 2008

$3.27 a gallon sounds cheap

Went to BAESLER'S yesterday afternoon and gassed up Cody's car at $3.27 a gallon. Now before you all head to Terre Haute, let me explain. Baesler's gives so much off per gallon on different grocery items. They are about 2-3 cents higher than Kroger on some things, maybe more on others. Now the way I figure is this: if I buy butter for $2 and they give me 3 cents a gallon off on a fifteen gallon, then multiply 3X15=45, so I actually paid $1.55 for the butter that Kroger has for $1.79. Gas prices are about the same. $3.98 there and 4.05 at Kroger. I bought milk at Kroger, just so I didn't have to worry about the heat. I spent $180 on groceries at Baesler's and got a $1.74 discount on each gallon up to 15 gallons next time. Spending the same at Kroger nets me a 10 cent a gallon discount. I love MATH.

No comments: