Monday, June 30, 2008

PIF

I found this on the blog spot: Needles on the Move. I had tried it one time before, got people to sign up but when I went to check their blogs and asked for mailing addresses I did not get a response. I would love to be involved in this for the mere reason of the giving to others with not expectation of receiving anything back like I do with my exchanges I sign up for like dishcloths, stitch markers, etc. So, IF you are serious about being involved with the PIF idea., please sign the comments with your e-mail and blog spot address included. I will contact the first three individuals for their snail address when I get them and check out your blog spot to make sure you have posted this on your site.
This went around a while back and was revived recently by Emmms, whose blog I signed up on to receive cool stuff. The giving is the more important part though so I’m hereby opening up for three people to receive a gift that may or may not deal with knitting from me sometime in the next 6 months.The principle (if you’ve never heard of PIF) is basically a bit of altruistic sharing of the love. Here are the rules: I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange, and who make the same pledge on their own blogs. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 6 months, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do is play it forward.
Thanks Wooly Socks for a wonderful idea!!

1 comment:

Prairie Chicken said...

I had no problem with you copying it. That's the whole idea of it all. One suggestion is to make sure you poat all groups you are in about PIF being on your blogspot, etc with the rules or 'guidelines' of the contest and then get them to sign up for it. They will appreciate and you will get people to sign up for the contest. Gods' Blessings

Jil Pulley