Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Has my knitting changed??

I read the title and thought. There's one thought yes and the other no.Maybe it has, but then again I see no weather related change for January. But I do knit strange things at all times of the year. Like fabric purses and t-shirt rugs. Notice my stuff is pretty much shapeless as it gets bigger as in rugs. I have a box of loops from the body of the shirt, I suppose there are 20 shirts or so in it, as the loops are longer and I have two boxes of sleeve loops to take to the nursing home for the ladies to loop together for me. I think that the body loops will be too long for the residents to manage and besides the sleeve loops will add color like the potholder loops that the pattern calls for. Fifty years ago the box instructions for the potholder frame told you that you could use sock loops cut from un-mated socks. I don't think that my mom,in her whole life, ever lost a sock. Me? I lose socks from stores with the consistency of breathing. In other words all the time. I've had a 20 pound box of those single socks. Hey, with 18 feet in the family it's possible. Never lost a hand knitted one. Thought I did but I was wrong. This is one of those rugs on sz 19 circular, with strips not loops. The looped one is white. The strip ones, I think there were 7 at last count, are different colors even white. They are so comfy. Like walking on piles of t-shirts. With 5 boys and dh all wearing those shirts, I have walked on piles of them in the laundry room. No ridges like rag rugs. Wait 'til I post my rag rugs, They were/are fun to do. One of those is on the needles now.


In the meantime,I have to find out how to put a button at the side so important stuff can be accessed without reading everything. Not that everything isn't important but time is important too. I certainly need more of it. But then again doesn't everyone?

No comments: