Saturday, January 5, 2008

I do knit other things


Just so no one thinks I can only do socks, here's a pair of pants that I knitted for Matt. I'm hoping the yarn softens after washing. If not they'll go on a teddy bear I'm sure. There has to be an I-cord knit for the waist. Outside of that they are finished. They're shorter than what the pattern (it's on the net) called for. You have to be careful,because they are knit from the top down. So the legs are knit with the bottoms. Hold the waist together front to back to make sure both legs are the same length. I did for the blue pair; forgot for these. So I frogged the longer leg as I had casf off both. Therefore Matt has "clamdiggers" when I get the I-cord finished. The t-shirt for these has to be blocked and sewn. It's out of sock yarn. This is so much fun because all this takes little time. With only 44% of our 7 kids married and only 15% of that total with a bun in the oven and factoring in our ages and theirs, Matt's really going to get a lot of stuff.

No comments: