Saturday, January 12, 2008

Matt's car seat and yarn


A tip to Terre Haute this P.M. lead to more yarn. We ate at FRIDAYS. My Idea. I love their commercials.Then I needed to shop.

I can not pass a bargain. I took dh and Cody to the motorcycle shop. They needed to look and frankly I don't do well with metal of that sort. So I went a mile down US41 to Hobby Lobby just to buy some circulars. They had all this yarn on clearance. I love orphan balls. I got the needles too but I carefully put the yarn in the back back of the van. That's what we call it the BACK BACK. Then I picked the guys up and went to Babys r Us to get Matt a car seat. Honestly it was so much fun to watch dh and Cody. DH remembered nothing about car seats. We went through at least 5 with 7 kids so he must be getting old. Hey wait a minute I'm older. Anyway got the car seat and some really cute clothes for Matt. Cody picked them out.-Uncle Cody.

Then on to Books a Million. I love that place. I find a baby book and some others-unknitting, but I did find THE calendars at half price. So now I have 2 knit calendars, but I can't find my guys. I gave Cody the van keys so I gotta find them eventually. First though a trip to the magazines. I don't worry when I'm on a quest.After my third trip around the store I find them sitting at JOE MUGGS drinking coffee and working crosswords.
I'm going to get some more stuff made to send to the parents-to-be this month. They like to get mail. Well DUH! doesn't everybody!!Some of these patterns call for fingering weight so I am going to change that, I really don't like to use less than a sport weight. I probably did use that stuff back when I was knitting Barbie sweaters. But not anymore, unless I can add it to other yarn and create my own yarn,which I do do sometime. But there are so many skeins out there now that I have too much fun with the hunt.

No comments: