Monday, January 7, 2008

More socks??



Yes it is true. There are still more undocumented socks in my house. Looks like these are doing ballet. Talented socks!!This particular pair has the TOOFOOTSIE cuff that Jonelle had me try with a size 1 needle.ARGH!! Those stitches were so very hard to see. It was like knitting dental floss with toothpicks.I'm really quite proud of myself for using a 3. Although, in my youth I probably did use a 1. I've had entirely too much fun with 35's of late though. Not for socks however. Shrek's wife ,Fiona, would use a 35, if anyone, for socks.

The cuff is a k2,p2,k2,p2 all the way for 10 or so rows with a co of 31. That makes the rib sort of spiral. The socks are mates. I just didn't have enough variegated for both heels. Or so I thought. Both bodies are the same measurement. Funny how the dark heel makes a shorter look. Anyway,they fit. I really should lay a ruler next to them someday.

This pair I did with 4 strands of baby yarn. They are chunkier and not so comfy in CROCS. They are so warm though just by themselves. The tops are shorter than I like, but I really thought that I was going to run out of yarn. Not totally! Just this color combination was not even a full ball on the winder. I made the quilt in the background 10 years ago.

No comments: